Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Monday, August 22, 2011

Aaaaahhhhh!!!!!!

Well, at 9:30 last night I was talking to my mom on the phone and she mentioned me moving next week... I corrected her because I wasn't moving for 2 more weeks... then I looked at the calendar... Aaaahhh!!! OMG I AM moving in a week!!!!! Holy crap!! The amount of sudden panic and anxiety is already making me slightly crazy. I immediately began packing some boxes (at least I had already started that earlier... didn't make much progress but at least it's something!!).

Moving.... the amount of stress it can cause is crazy. You can't quite wrap your brain around how it's all going to come together... but somehow, I have to get all of my crap into a new apartment... which incidentally is less living space as well. And to add to the fun, I'm moving on a Monday... that means that pretty much no one (unless they are unemployed) is available to help. So, as of right now I don't really have a moving team.... Yikes!

Piled on top of the move this week there are some other fun factors to consider... I am studying for a test for school this fall that I have to take tonight. I am doing a play that will require 5 rehearsals within the next week... and I work full time.... Yowza!!! I'm freaking a little just thinking about it. With moving there is always the little things you have to do like changing your address and canceling services... and throwing out as much stuff as I can!! Once I started packing I realized how much stuff I have that I really don't ever look at or use... but I can't seem to throw any of it out. I have quite a few books... they're pretty easy to pack though. I have a box full already of things that I don't want... and I've barely started!! How do we end up with so much crap?? Note to self: Must refrain from buying anything for a very, very, very long time. This has also made me realize that I have too much paper for one person... really, do I need to keep all these bills and receipts for this long?? You know what happens though.. the second you throw it out, you find yourself needing it... always the way.

I'm crossing my fingers that I survive this week with my sanity in tact.

2 comments:

  1. Loving your blog already!! Thank you for sharing my darling!! And YES! Paper over rules my life too! Why can't I throw any of it away?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and good luck with the move! :) Wish I could help...

    ReplyDelete