Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Monday, August 15, 2011

Curiosity led this one to me...

Last week I was walking to the bus through a non-residential area (not smart and will not do again as I have promised to a friend) and it was slightly late and quite dark. Out of the darkness and through the grass I saw this little black kitten walking towards me and his little meows sounded more like cries. Without hesitation or a second thought, I scooped him up to take him home with me. From what I’ve heard, there are a lot of feral cats in this city and he didn’t seem to belong to someone since he was so little and the area doesn’t have residents. He squirmed and wiggled quite a bit as I walked to the bus stop as though he was having second thoughts about his decision. He settled down a bit on the bus and received quite a bit of attention from passengers. I picked up some kitten food, litter, and a scooper on the way home while holding him in one arm. En route home, every once in a while he would look up at me from the sweater I had bundled him in… it may have been my imagination but his eyes seemed to say ‘thank you’.
I immediately began looking for a home for him since I am allergic to cats and would be unable to keep him. It didn’t take long. Within 2 days a friend offered him a home and I am happy to say that he will be moving to a beautiful home in Montreal with a wonderful family. 

A rare happy ending…

Ps - The picture is the best I could do since the little rugrat would not stay still for a second... 

No comments:

Post a Comment